Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shutter Island 6/10


Just saw Shutter Island today... here's what I thought....

Shutter Island 6/10

First of all, I was happy that most of what you see in the preview gets onscreen about 5 minutes into the movie. So you don't have to worry about any spoilers from the preview. However, this type of thriller/mystery has been so overdone, you can see the twist coming from a mile away. The movie is made well, of course, its a Martin Scorsese film. None of his movies are really disappointing. However, like i said, you can see the "twist" coming from a mile away. I won't give details, however, there is a telling sign about 3 or 4 minutes into the movie that you most likely won't catch, but it could clue you in to what happens later. I do have to say though that, very rarely does the last line of a movie redeem the previous 2 hours of a film. This movie does that! I found myself somewhat irritated that I knew what was going on about halfway in, but at the end, I enjoyed the secondary twist that gets thrown at the audience. No real new ground is being broken with this movie, but if you want to see a decent mystery movie, go see Shutter Island. Its not bad, but i'd go for the matinee, maybe not worth a full $10 ticket. 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment