Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Wolfman 5/10


So here's a movie review!

The Wolfman
I have to admit, i got a little sick of seeing previews for this movie. I feel like I've been hearing about this movie since about this time last year. So for a while there I really didn't care to see this movie after having it shoved down my throat. However, the advertising must've worked because when it came down to opening weekend, I was pretty excited to see it (although not as excited as the white bearded man in line who'd been waiting 50 years for a remake)
So on to the movie... this movie has a classic gothic horror feel. Its a true period piece, which based solely on that fact, is done very well. Anthony Hopkins brings some warmth and character (no pun intended) to the screen. Benicio Del Toro is unusually bland. However, the effects are done well, its definitely a bloody movie. However, this doesn't really save it from the lack of intrigue. Most of the exciting parts of the movie can be seen in the preview, so there isn't much gained from seeing the full length movie. The wolfman makeup always bothers me... its just cheesy looking. Its like an angry cartoon dog... Nevertheless, there are quite a few exciting moments, (excluding the weird wolf on wolf fight towards the end) All in all this is a fairly well made movie, it just falls short of being a really memorable or recommendable movie. I'd give it about five out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment